This is the sauce of your dreams
What you need:
2 cloves of smashed garlic chopped roughly
1 long red chilli chopped
1 bunch of shallots also chopped
3 cm them of ginger grated or thinly chopped
1/4 cup of peanut oil
Let’s do this
- place all the ingredients except the oil in a mortar and pestle adding a pinch of salt and pound until you make a thick paste.
- Once the aromatics are prepped, put the peanut oil in a small saucepan on high heat
- With the oil like a hawk because once it starts smoking – it’s go time!
- Place the aromats on top of the protein in a delicate and gorgeous way in front of your anticipating diners.
- Once you see smoke POUNCE, grab the pan tell everyone to stand back and dramatically pour the hot oil over the dish and raw aromatics. *REMEMBER you are handling hot oil, so please do this in a careful, but dramatic manner.
- Watch the wide-eyed diners and soak in your praise.
- If you want to play it safe (I am literally only referring to eating raw garlic because you will still be handling hot oil) you can put all the aromatics in a heat proof boil and pour the oil over them there. You still have to move fast because the aromatics will keep cooking in the bowl so might burn.